Me, at the summit of Volcán Villarrica, Chile in Feb this year.
Ok, so perhaps it will be more like 30 weeks of me rather than 30 days of me. I’m definitely going to have to pick up my game or get stuck into a business related post in the meantime!
Recently I joined an amazing mastermind group. I don’t know what it is, but most things seem easier when you are doing them with others. You realise you are not the only one struggling to find time, or to commit to writing/publishing that post, or you’re a little shy about being too open and honest.
Our first task was to write ’20 things you you didn’t know about me’. Since this was aligned with the ’30 days of me’ challenge, it has given me the motivation to kick start this process of opening up some more on my blog 🙂
- I was born in Wellington, NZ
- I’m the oldest of 3 girls – yes, my poor dad 😉 especially when our two cats had kittens at the same time!
- I will never forget winning a cross-country race when I was 7 after a pep-talk from my uncle
- I wanted to be a fighter pilot when I was 15 so I interviewed the first female fighter pilot in NZ for a school project. I also got to go in the training simulator and fly an F16 through the Manawatu Gorge in NZ.
- I’ve worked on 3 drilling rigs and 3 offshore gas platforms
- I have a son who is 15months old who teaches me something new every day, as well as how to excerise patience…
- I think marmite is better than vegemite
- I support the All Blacks & my son knows how to do the haka (even though his birth certificate says he’s Australian)
- I’m a reformed Type A
- I’m a morning person not a night person
- I have travelled to 16 different countries including: Fiji, France, Australia (3 times before I moved there in 2007), Thailand (twice), Singapore, Malaysia, Bali, Chile (twice), Peru (twice), Argentina (twice), Brazil, Japan, England, Italy, Greece and Ecuador – in that order
- I have bungy jumped 3 times: once backwards and twice forwards (forwards is definitely more of an adrenalin rush)
- I have a titanium plate & 6 screws holding my right collarbone together (no – I didn’t break it doing anything adventurous, instead I fell off the arm of a lazy boy chair!)
- I’m a published author featured in Adventures in Manifesting – Success & Spirituality alongside best selling authors from The Secret
- I flew an aerobatics plane for my 28th birthday, thanks to my amazing fiancé
- I love summer fruit, in particular stone fruit
- I practise yoga and ALWAYS feel more physically, mentally and emotionally well balanced when I practise regularly – reminder to self 🙂
- I LOVE sunsets, being outside, the beach, mountains, spending time with friends and family, and my boys
- I recently travelled for 6 months through South America as one of the Intrepid Monkeys with my amazing fiancé and our baby boy
- I love working with others and coaching them to be the best they can be; whether that be a small business owner keen to build their business, a corporate executive passionate about inspiring an engaged following, or my son
My boys and I in NZ this year.
Snowcapped Mount Tongariro, NZ in all it’s glory.
Beautiful sunset over Lake Taupo, NZ.
A red raw sunset over the Pilbara, Western Australia where we currently live.
Delicious summer fruits – yum!
I’d love to connect and learn something about you so now it’s your turn! Leave a comment below.
What is one thing you think I don’t know about you?